Ric Edelman is widely regarded as one of the top advisors in the financial field. He was ranked the nations #1 Independent Financial Advisor three times by Barrons, and named one of America’s Top 10 Wealth Advisors by Forbes Magazine.
He is a #1 New York Times Best Selling Author, host of numerous award winning PBS Specials and an award-winning radio show. He has over 157 financial planners and 42 offices across America and his firm manages over $17 Billion for more than 31,000 individuals and families. His newest book, The Truth About Your Future, is already on the best sellers’ list and is giving us critical information about the future of our money!
In this dynamic interview on my SiriusXM radio show, Ric shares:
- The world is changing quickly and just as technology has impacted books, music and communication, it is also impacting communications.
- The future will continue to be disruptive, yet with that disruption, comes great new financial opportunities to create wealth.
- Due to new technologies, people are living longer and therefore need more money for their longer life spans. In 1900, the average life expectancy was age 47 and now it is over 70.
- Many of the occupations we know now, will not be around in 10 years! And many investments are going away as well..
- If we are to survive and thrive, then we must be willing to think differently or you will have a difficult struggle – just ask Blockbusters or Kodak. Kodak didn’t prepare for the future. It had over 150,000 employees and yet went bankrupt while Instagram had 13 employees and was sold for over a billion dollars! Are YOU thinking Blockbuster thoughts in a Netflix world?
- Currency, paper money, is on its way out. Digital currency is coming fast, and in a few years, the only paper money we will see, will be in museums.
- The wise are working on new tech focused skills, because they will be in demand in the future. We need to prepare now because it is on the way.”
- Become aware of the new changes first. Then do something about it.
- Make it important to create wealth, because with wealth you can help your family, your community and others you want to positively impact.
- Create more wealth. Then grow it!