May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
I have always been (and always will be) an enthusiastic dreamer. I often find myself lost in an extravagant day dreams, full of notions of changing the world. Some may say my lofty ambitions are nothing short of delusional, and if my desire was to achieve these aspirations by myself, they would be correct. But I’m not in this alone. God is with me, and with Him, I create awe-inspiring moments out of my dreams. So what great things come out of dreaming big?
- When you don’t restrict your dreaming, you’ll better understand what God has placed on your heart. Think of the thing you’ve been most passionate about. For me, I have found one thing that I am extremely passionate about: encouraging others to believe in their talents and dreams, while ensuring that every person I encounter realizes they are a gift from God who deserves to feel loved. This is reflected in my dreams. I desire to inspire others and constantly be lifting others up.
- You’ll believe more in yourself. By envisioning yourself being successful, you begin to believe you can achieve your dreams. Positivity is contagious, and so is negativity: It is up to you to choose what type of life you want to live. Don’t allow for the lies of the enemy to creep into your thoughts and discourage your heart.
- You’ll accomplish way, way more than even you thought was possible! Never ever limit your dreams because you think they are otherwise unrealistic. God will surprise you with what He accomplished through you, but you need to make sure your heart is open to being used!
So what is my “dream-list” for this journey God has placed me on? Here is a sneak peak!
- Begin a revolution that will save a nation.
- Change a person’s tears of despair to tears of hope.
- Introduce the Holy Spirit to an entire community who has yet to encounter God.
- Show God’s eternal love to women in prostitution and allow for them to use this love to break free of their hurt.
- Allow for God to use me to speak His words, without my own inhibitions getting in the way.
- Heal the heart, mind, and body of those who are hurting.
- Banish vanity and selfishness from my own life.
- Instill a long lasting, impactful, and influential love into the children I meet.
- Inspire those who read my posts to represent God’s love in all their actions.
- Uncover the strength God has placed in those around me.
- Give a voice to the silenced and be the first listen to their story.
- Encourage and demonstrate vulnerability.
- Love so deeply that love becomes my identity.
- Enter a country, act as an agent for change, and leave others with the courage to continue that change.
- Have each of the 11 countries we visit know who we are, why we are there, and our love for Jesus.
- Bring hope.
- Clean the feet of those who have lived such hard life and then cleanse their spirit.
- Worship the Lord in all my actions and words.
- Build a community with my team that relies on God and each other and then instill that in the communities we visit.
- Witness things that are only achievable through the power of the Lord.
Of course, these 20 things are not the only things on my list, but all of these bring me one step closer to my life dream: to change the world.
Because those who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
Lindsey VanSparrentak was born in Fort Worth, Texas, lived in Winchester, Virginia, and my family currently resides in Amherst, Ohio.lindseyvansparrentak.theworldrace.org